Physical Science Layered Curriculum
Lake Elementary School, St. Amant, La.
1. Listen and participate to daily lecture.
Choose 1 from numbers 2, 3, or 4.
2. Create Flash Card for Vocabulary Words.
3. Create a Crossword puzzle using Vocabulary words.
4. Define the Vocabulary words in your notebook.
Choose number 5 or 6
5. Participate in discussion and answer questions
from chapter (3 sections)
6. Listen to lecture on tape and answer questions from each
section. (3 sections)
7-10 required by all
7. View Activity video-Building Blocks of
Matter prior to doing investigations.
8. Using Physical Properties to identify objects
9. Changing states of matter
10. Chemical properties
Required worksheets are asterisked. Choose 4 other
worksheets to complete.
Workbook pages 258*, 261, 262, 263*,
266, 267, 268*, 271, 272, 273*,
Number 12 and 13 are required.
12. Chapter 1 Review and Test preparation (numbers 1-36)
13. Complete Matter Models Activity p.E33**
14. Summarize; People in Science (no more than 1 page)
15. Summarize: Self Healing Asphalt (no more than 1 page)
1. Research to find the dimensions of an Olympic
sized pool. Figure the volume of water it can hold.
2. Research the life of Antoine Lavoisier to find out how the
politics in France during the late 1700s may have affected the
progress of science.
3. Interview someone from the Highway Department to explain
how highways are repaired. Make a report to your class.
1. Do we use more fuel in cars, trains or
2. Do people in Louisiana get cancer more often than people
in other states?