Back to sample menu
Frontier Regional, Massachusetts
Day 1: Indus and Ganges River Valley Overview
1. Watch part one of video on India. 5pts
2. Read chapter on Indus and Ganges River Valleys. 5pts
3. Answer questions at end of chapter. 5pts
4. Do the Guided Reading and Review and then take the Section Quiz. 5pts
5. Make a Crossword Puzzle of 10 words from the reading. 10pts
Day 2: Indus Valley Civilizations
1. Watch part two of video on India. 5pts
2. Label blank maps of the Indus River Valley and Aryan civilizations. 5pts
3. Web Site: View Ancient City of Harappa. Make a chart of similarities and
differences between a modern city and this ancient city. 10pts
4. Read about Daily Life in Ancient India. Create a piece of art that shows some of the
culture about which you have read. 10pts
Day 3: Aryan Invaders
1. Listen and take notes on the Aryan Caste System. 10pts
2. Read about Aryan life. 5pts
3. Hands-on: Place the events of the Aryans in the correct order. 10pts
4. Quick Quiz: Identify Individuals according to the Caste System. 5pts
5. Create 5 Scenarios: Tell about the life of a person at each level of the Caste. 10pts
Day 4: Project
Choose only one (15 points)
1. Draw a Diagram of Harappa; use a key to show items such as streets, walls, housing, and city buildings.
2. Create a Travel Brochure of Mohenjo-Daro; including information about things such as accommodations, travel route, what tourists can expect to see and do.
3. Craft a PowerPoint Presentation about Ancient India. Present it.
Day 5: Research & Writing
Choose only one (20 points)
1. Was life in Ancient India harder than life today?
2. How was India influenced by its physical geography?
3. How does the Indian caste system compare to social classes in America today?
* In order to earn an "A" you must aim to complete 20 points of work per day. You also must choose activities from those listed on the days offered.
* A maximum of 65 points can come from the activities listed on Days 1 - 3. Be prepared to orally defend this work.
* Day 4 & Day 5 items should look like finished pieces. Be proud of your work! Refer to Day 5 grading sheet.
* All computer activities require you to use the program for a minimum of 30 minutes and to answer 5 questions about it.
* Use a highlighter to indicate which items you have chosen to do on each given day.
* Get a teacher signature next to each highlighted item, to show that you received the points.
* At the end, hand in this sheet, along with all the work you accomplished during this unit.
86+ = A 71+ = B 56+ = C 40+ = D
Parent/guardian signature Due date for all work