Grades 3-4 Reading a Story
by: Teacher Team
Workshop -Kern County California
C level activities:
1. Oral reading to a friend discover words that are unfamiliar.
2. Spelling worksheet
3. Bring a relevant object from home and share with the class.
4. Make props for a play
5. Write a poem that relates to a story.
6. Write definetions of unfamiliar words
7. Create a cartoon strip
8. Make flash cards with vocabulary words.
9. Make a poster
10.Taking turns reading aloud
11. Copying sentences or paragraphs
12. Create puppets to illustrate the story
13. Listening to the story with earphones - books on tape.
14. Make characters out of play doh.
B level activities
1. What are the 5 w,s of the story?
2. Change or add to the ending.
3. Retell story to a friend.
4. Translate story into your native language.
5. Role play characters.
6. Write about your opinions of the story.
7. Construct a project (model,drawing,ect.)
8. Oral presentation of story, costumes video tape it.
A level activities
Write what the moral of the story is
Research about a topic in the story.
Create your own board game.
Construct your own test.
Perform a play in front or another class.
Look up information about author.
How will it affect the outcome if you change a character, setting or time of the story.