TEKS: (8) Earth and space. The student
knows that there are recognizable patterns in the natural world
and among objects in the sky. The student is expected to:
record, and graph weather information, including temperature,
wind conditions, precipitation, and cloud coverage, in order
to identify patterns in the data;
the importance of weather and seasonal information to make choices
in clothing, activities, and transportation;
C Layer: Maximum 65
points in this section.
- Read the textbook and participate in
class discussion. (5 points)
- View and discuss the weather video to
complete the notes and outlines.
- Listen to lecture and take notes. (5 points)
- Define vocabulary words. (10 points)
- Make flash
cards with vocabulary words.
- Watch the weather for 4 nights and report
to the whole class. (15
- Read the newspaper
and get the weather report for 4 days. (15 points)
- Make a collage
that illustrates the three types of clouds. (10 points)
- Draw a picture of the sky on a rainy
day. (10 points)
- Draw a picture of the sky on a day full
of sunshine. (10 points)
- Complete 2 worksheets from the weather
packet. (2 points)
- Make a poster demonstrating the water
cycle. (5 points)
- Create a graphic organizer and find eight
weather words. (5 points)
- Written test. (25 points)
B Layer: Choose one.
Maximum 20 points in this section.
- Build your own weather station. Students may use the following website
to learn weather tools. http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/wwatch/reporters/lab/index.htm
- Create a poem using the word RAINBOW
- Graph the daily temperatures for a whole
week. The temperature
should be checked from the same source at the same time of
A Layer: Choose one. Maximum 20 points in this section.
1. Write a paragraph answering the following
question: Why is weather forecasting important to airline pilots?
2. Create a portable cloud using the following
website and instructions. http://eo.ucar.edu/webweather/cloudact2.html
3. Read two weather books of your choice and
write a paragraph about each story.
0-40 = F
41-55 = D
56-70 = C
71-85 = B
86-100 = A
& phone worth 5 points in the “C” level).