New Braunfels, TX.
100 points maximum Due Date________________
Level C: Choose up to 70 points. You must earn 60 points before moving to section B.
1. LISTEN and take lecture notes: 1 2 3 4 (5 pts/day)
2. Watch the video on Rainforests and take notes. 15 pts.
3. Watch the video on the Food Web and take notes. 15 pts.
4. Choose a country of ancestry or interest_________________.
5. Do up to 3 worksheets. 5 pts each.
6. Read Chap. 3 in your textbook. Answer the questions in Explaining Science pg. A104. 15pts
7. Read Chap 4 in your textbook. Be able to answer the Explaining Science questions on pg. 1 - 4. 15pts .
8. Draw a world map on plain paper. Color code all the Biomes. Be able to explain it. You will have to research to find the information. 10 pts.
9. List 10 animals found in the Texas Hill Country. Include at least 2 fish, 2 birds, and 2 mammals. List what they eat. 10 pts.
10. Draw a food chain or food web for any significant region of Texas. Include at least 8 animals. 10 pts.
Section II. B level 15 pts. Choose ONE only
1. Complete one of the experiments out of Chapter 3 or 4. Complete a lab sheet (you must follow the scientific process).
Section III A level 20 pts.
Take a position on global warming. Is it affecting certain biomes?
Explain your position and give evidence supporting your position in
a two page report.