Science Objectives for Lessons One through Four:
Lesson One: What is Matter?
Required: Read pages 234 to 241.
1. Use the T-Chart given to you by teacher and complete the chart. 5 points
to give the definitions for the Vocabulary Words when asked 10 points
3. Read page 234-235 and do workbook page 91. 5 points
page 236 and write up the experiment in your Work Journal. Use the model given
in class: Explore and Diagram and complete page 87. 10 points
5. Read the “How to Read Science” Activity on pp. 237 and complete pg. 92 and 93. 10 points
6. Read page 239 “Lesson One: What Is Matter?” and do workbook pp 94. 5 points
lens is important when you look at some types of matter?” 5 points
using their properties. 5 points
10. Read page 240 and 241 and write down some of the properties of matter. 5 points
. 11. What is a property? And what are the properties of the sponge shown on page 241
and the one displayed in
12. How do the properties of a pipe cleaner compare to the properties of a plastic bowl? 5 points
Think of other meanings for the word Property? Write down the other meanings you
thought of. You may want to use the dictionary.
B LAYER: Choose one for 20 points
1. Using the “Envelope” activity answer the following questions: a) how can you tell what objects are in the bag without looking into the bag? B) After you remove the objects from the paper bags describe the objects according to their such as size, color, texture, shape and smell. Make a chart.